Happy New Year

1:01 pm

   It's that time of the year when everyone is happy to be alive, sad about all the money they've spent and make a lot of ,most times empty, promises to be better. It's the beginning of a new year and while I am very enthusiastic about 2016, I will not make an open declaration to be better. In fact, my new year resolution is to drink less garri and cook more. Silly, isn't it? I know! That's how serious I take new year resolutions.
  This doesn't mean I don't have plans, in fact, I have a lot of things to achieve this year and God help me, I will. Last year, I made a lot of bad choices and mistakes. I'm paying for some of them now with the currency of regret. Regret, I must say, has no value, gets you nothing and nowhere. It's heavier than gold bars and more worthless than.. well.. I really can't think of any worthless things right now. Anyways, I've decided to do less stupid things years and do things to make God and my spiritual fam pleased with me and my parents proud of me. That counts, right? Even if you think it doesn't, I don't think I care because I divorced public opinion last year. I had chickens, lizards, fences, a few houses, lots of trees and dried grass as witnesses. It was quite solemn indeed except the chickens kept clucking.
   A lot of people think new years are like new chapters, I do to. There's just something about stepping into a brand new set of 12 months. I can't explain but it's more than a change of date. I wish you all an amazing 2016.
 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

What did you think? I'd love to know.

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images